NO EVENINGS OR WEEKENDS! SUMMERS OFF!
The nation’s largest in-school dental program is looking for a Dentist to provide dental services to children who may not otherwise receive dental care within Maricopa County, AZ. For almost 20 years, Big Smiles has been changing lives, one small smile at a time. We need your help to reach many more children in need.
Each team has a licensed dentist and at least two other staff members which may include a dental hygienist, dental assistant and/or x-ray technician. Services that are provided include: dental examinations, dental cleanings, fluoride treatments, sealants and any necessary digital radiograph. In some areas, restorative services such as simple fillings, pulpotomies and baby teeth extractions may also be provided.
• D.D.S. or D.M.D. degree
• Ability to work well with both children and adults
• Valid driver license, reliable transportation and a willingness to travel locally is a must
• Excellent customer service skills
• Passionate, friendly and caring individual
• Able to walk several flights of stairs on occasion as many schools are without elevators
• Provide quality dental care to children ages 2-18 in a pre-established school setting
• Utilize state-of-the-art portable equipment to provide dental services
• The typical treatment is hygiene focused with sealants and small restoratives
• Daily travel to and from school sites across counties
Big Smiles In-school Dental Program Offers:
• Evenings, weekends and summers off!
• Working a school day schedule (about 6 – 7 hours); on average between 8:00 A.M. – 3:00 P.M.
• Unique work experience and flexible scheduling
• Excellent benefit packages (varies by location and position)
• Full and part time positions
• Competitive compensation
• State-of-the-art portable dental equipment
• Latest technology & digital radiography
Who We Are:
Big Smiles is the nation’s leading in-school dental program founded almost two decades ago by two moms, who happen to also be dentists. The founders saw a tremendous need among underserved school aged children who did not have easy access to dental care and who often suffered from poor oral hygiene, tooth decay, pain and associated medical problems. Knowing that many parents could not take their children to the dentist due to issues including time off from work and transportation challenges, they sought to bring the care to the need. Today, through its dental partners, Big Smiles provides preventive and restorative care to approximately 500,000 children per year.